Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ben Who-Fleck or Ben Bat-Fleck

Ok, no surprise I'm a Batman fan.  I've never been secretive about my love.  He is so dreamy...

One of the reasons I fantasize about being Catwoman is to seduce the Dark Knight.  So, I obviously have opinions about this "news."  You know what I'm talking about.

Ben Who-Fleck! As Mango would say, "You can't have the Batman!"

My first reaction was obviously heated anger but was it really directed at Ben?  Probably not.  The problem is change sucks like a monkey funker.  I've already loved other Batmans and I've already had others break my heart... ahem... Clooney.  Sure, the first thing to come to mind was Daredevil.  Is Zack Snyder about to get all Val Kilmer on the Man of Steel Sequel?

I doubt it.  Man of Steel was fantastic and it's sequel is just that... a sequel.  It's NOT a Batman movie.  Bruce Wayne will probably show up to flaunt his baller life style and clean up the city. Maybe Metropolis is in ruins because a few Kryptonians couldn't keep it in check and just maybe the people are tired of Superman and his smug attitude.  They want a real hero... that doesn't have to level an entire city to win a battle.    But I digress... Affleck could totally pull off Bruce Wayne.  In fact, he's perfect.  Maybe he won't even wear the cowl.


Whenever I hear Batman whispering in my ear, it's always Kevin Conroy and I believe Affleck could... yup... I mean could... do the Batman the Animated Series style Batman well.  I know I just brought animation into this but my point is our favorite characters always get reinvented.  I didn't flip out over Ledger because his smile was perfect to copy Nicholson and then the character was reinvented.  I was terrified to see Hathaway as Catwoman and was absolutely impressed with the interpretation.  Maybe Ben is not the Batman we want but he is the Batman we need.  Maybe he will even be a Batman that speaks coherently and without excess saliva flying all over the place. I don't know but I'll give him a chance.

In other news...
Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor

YES!!!!

Glad we had a chance to talk about this.  More dead things to come... until next time, Stay pretty and prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment